Saturday, May 8, 2010

Featured Artist - Ian Reid

Ian Reid
pic by Warren Muzak


Ian Reid creates music people can relate to. Not overpowering, just honest and pure.

Since the release of his sophomore album 'Tiger School' in 2008, Ian Reid has played over 200 shows, received songwriting awards, and has earned much respect from music fans and fellow songwriters.

Ian hopes to release his third album later this year.
Hey music fans,

I'll be opening tonight (Wednesday, May 5th) for Lee Harvey Osmond (Tom Wilson's latest project) at the Dakota Tavern at 9:30 pm. Harlan Pepper will also be on the bill. I've heard them perform in Hamilton and I was blown away. Should be a very fun event! 249 Ossington Avenue, Toronto.

This weekend I'll be accompanying a very talented group of kids in Hamilton. Come and see "Communiqation: Take Two", written and directed by Martha Christianson. - a series of short sketches, some backed by my music. Call 905-730-1155 for tickets Sat. May 8th; 2 pm & 8 pm /Sun. May 9th 8 pm at The Staircase Cafe Theatre - 27 Dundurn Street North, Hamilton.

Next Wednesday, May 12th, I'll be joining singer-songwriter Martin Rouleau for an evening at the Moonshine Cafe, located at 137 Kerr Street in Oakville 8:30-10:30 pm.

Lately, I've had a lot of people asking about a new album. I have more than enough material written (perhaps enough for a double) and am making a great effort to have it recorded soon. This will be my first
production that hasn't been funded from savings as a teacher in Korea, so progress will no doubt be a lot slower. Have faith in me, friends- it will be.
Thanks for reading and your support. Times are lean but it's all coming together.
Have a great Mothers' Day. Give a mom you love a large hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment