Saturday, June 5, 2010

Featured Artist - Miss Lizzie's Art & Design

Artist Bio

Elizabeth Gosse is self-taught emerging artists who studied Politics and Cultural Studies at Trent University. Elizabeth is influenced by writings by Richard Florida and Herbert Marcuse, artists such as Yves Klein, and social projects such as Post Secrets. She strives to break the traditional gallery rules by creating touchable artworks. Using acrylic paints and various mediums, she is able to create bold designs, colourful artworks that express the beauty of emotions, the world, and landscapes around us in an abstract way.

Artist Statement

Life is about creating yourself – a phrase which not only do I live my life passionately by but also what influences my artwork. I am a painter of many mediums and many subjects but I strive to achieve one thing with my artwork and that is to have fun. I strive to make the visual arts fun and accessible to everyone, most recently creating touchable artworks. Walking through art galleries in Europe I was influences by the interactive installations and had a strong desire to apply them to paintings. Working with various mediums and materials I am working on evolving touchable interactive art. It is a goal to create artwork in which people can experience with not only their sight, but with their sense of touch as well. The sense of touch is imperative in everyday reaction, but denied so often within the visual arts. My goal is to break this conventional rule.






For more information about Elizabeth, see her website misslizzies.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment