Sunday, June 13, 2010

Featured Artist - Valerie Chvedovski

Valeri Chvedovski graduated from Odessa's school of fine arts in the Ukraine. There he developed his skills painting with oil and watercolor. Most of his works include landscapes and portraiture, although some of the recent pieces are very abstract.

In 1992, my family and I left the Ukraine for Canada, where we settled in Kitchener. Many of my recent paintings were inspired by Canada's countryside. I enjoy painting portraits of my friends and co-workers. I am often asked to re-create portraits from an old black and white photographs.

Presently, I am a member of Kitchener-Waterloo Society of Artists. My paintings are exhibited in Double T Gallery, Iris Gallery, Waterloo Community Art Center and MacDonald Stewart Art Center.



For more of Valeri's paintings, see his website execulink.com/~valerach

No comments:

Post a Comment